Communications Evaluation Playbook
This one-of-a-kind workshop explores evaluation in the context of a sound strategic communications planning framework connecting objectives to outcomes, and guided by the internationally-recognized Results Map® methodology.Book this workshop today
About the Workshop
Without a doubt, evaluation has always been the Achilles Heel of the communications profession. Yet cultivating practical, meaningful evaluation techniques is the single most powerful strategy for elevating a communications team’s strategic performance and value. Building on industry best practices such as the Barcelona Principles for Communications Measurement and the International Association for the Measurement and Evaluation of Communication, the session offers a refreshingly pragmatic and applied take on how practitioners with limited time and budgets can effectively evaluate results.
This workshop is essential to equipping communications practitioners to replace noise with evidence, fostering data-driven decision making and investments.
- Identify practical techniques for creating a chain of evidence between communications outputs and business outcomes
- Learn a step-by-step process for communications evaluation using meaningful indicators and measurement tools
- Gain tools and techniques for undertaking a Communications Audit and conducting effective Communications Debriefs to foster continuous learning and improvement
- Learn foundational concepts in communications evaluation including directional alignment, causality, and leading indicators
- Explore and address the key challenges to evaluating communications including scope definition and assessing “invisible” value
- Discuss realistic strategies for integrating evaluation and evidence-based, data-driven decisions into day-to-day strategic communications practice