Here are the questions I recommend as arsenal for every strategic communicator heading into a tough meeting or assignment:
- What does success look like?
- Why this, why now?
- What are the project or corporate objectives?
- What are the communications objectives?
- How can effective communications help advance the project objective?
- What are the main risks/opportunities?
- Thinking back, what worked and what didn’t? Why?
- Who are the key audiences? Why are they important?
- What are the project management parameters (time, budget, staff)?
- If we could change just one thing, what should it be?
See more on “The Top 10 Questions Every Strategic Communicator Should be Asking“.